Section 1 - Elected Officers:
(1) The President shall preside at all meetings of the Alliance; he shall be the chief executive officer of the Alliance and a member ex-officio of all committees; he shall determine the agenda for meetings of the Executive Committee and the general membership. The President shall also supervise and coordinate the general affairs of the Alliance and the specific activities of the officers of the Executive Committee, other executive officers, and other non-executive officers of the Alliance.
(1) The five elected and two appointed executive officers of the North American Saxophone Alliance, as described in these Bylaws, make up the seven-member Executive Committee of the North American Saxophone Alliance. The President of the Alliance is the presiding officer, and the line of succession prescribed by the Constitution, Article VI, Section 10, shall determine chairmanship in the event the office of President becomes vacant, or in the event the President is temporarily unable to preside.
Section 1: Nominating Committees
(1) The Nominating Committee shall consist of three individuals, appointed by the President with two-thirds majority approval of the Executive Committee, who will solicit input from the general membership and formulate a slate of nominees for the biennial fall election. In appointing individuals to this committee, the President and Executive Committee shall endeavor to have the committee represent a fair sampling of the general membership’s diversity.
Section 1: Program Committees
(1) Upon sponsorship and production of organization wide North American conventions of the Alliance, a special program committee shall be established and empowered to select performers, lecturers, and other participants for the various presentations, and shall determine the schedule of events for such conventions.
Section 1: Election Procedures
(1) Election of officers shall be conducted biannually in the fall of the year, in accordance with provisions stated in the Constitution of the North American Saxophone Alliance, Article VI, Section 1, "Elected Officers."