As I've been playing bari with the Oasis Quartet ([url]www.oasisquartet.com[/url]) for the past couple of years, I'm doing more traveling with the horn. I have the BAM case, but am still very wary of checking or even of gate-checking. So, I've begun compiling a list of planes that the case will fit in the overhead. I want your help collecting further data, which is where this thread comes in.
2. Manufacturer of plane (Boeing, etc.)
3. Model of plane (737-200, etc.)
4. ***Did it fit in the overhead or not?***
5. If you remember, configuration of seats (2x2, 3x2, etc.)
6. Notes: i.e. "They nicely let me strap it to an empty seat next to me" (which was the case on recent Delta and Midwest flights for me). Also, if you have another type of case, please make a note of it here. As I said, my own experience is only with the BAM case.
You can post the info in this thread, PM me, or email me. I'll be continually updating the data. You download either the pdf or the searchable excel spreadsheet.
Thanks in advance for your help, and I hope that this will become a useful resource for all bari players!